8/28/2013

Business Training
I witnessed today what appeared to be business training of new employees. A group of young men and a woman got off a van and walked to the park as I watched them. They stood in a circle and practiced obviously store-clerk greetings in Japanese - at the top of their voice. They shouted the equivalent of, "Good morning," and, "What can I do for you?" Then, they commented on the past week of training they were apparently receiving. The lady shouted her appreciation, which is translated as, "This week has been fruitful! I will keep doing my best!" A young man spilled his guts because his voice trembled as he spoke. He said something like, "The learning is valuable. Thank you very much!" This was a shocking event to witness, although such military-like trainings are not unheard of in Japan. To me, the practice is beneath their intelligence. (NS)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿